Blackberry Orange Cobbler
Serves 8 - 10.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1 cup heavy whipping cream (or cashew cream)
1 Ivéta Orange Scone Mix
2 pounds fresh blackberries
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons dry tapioca (optional for a thicker filling)
1. Place the Scone mix and into a mixing bowl and pour in ¾ of the heavy cream, mixing as you pour. Stir until the cream is absorbed in the mix.
2. Work the dough around the bowl until all the dry ingredients are incorporated and the dough is slightly sticky to the touch, adding the remaining heavy cream as needed. 3. Wrap dough and place in refrigerator for about 30 min.
4. In an oven-proof skillet melt butter and sugar.
5. Add fresh berries and sauté for 10 minutes. For a thicker filling add tapioca and sauté for an additional 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove skillet from heat.
7. Roll out dough like a pie crust or dollop pieces over the top of the filling in the skillet.
For a golden brown crust brush scone dough with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool.